pricing question

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by JJLandscapes, Jun 14, 2006.

1. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

im looking to get into fertilaztion next season aqnd wondering what are your peoples mark ups ? lets say a $16 bag that covers 5000 sq ft double or triple?

Or do you just do the $60 an hour basis and minimum an hour + fert

and ive been curious what do all the true chem places charge

2. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

use the search feature

3. Aspro

Aspro LawnSite Member
    from NY

I'm for westchester NY looking to start lawncare program. Having trouble with setting pricing. Anyone have any pointers?

4. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

I thought springtime was the most popular time for newbies. I think that question has been asked by someone with one post 3 times in the last few days.

First everyone is going to tell you to get a license if required and then you will get a few smart ace comments.

If you are interested in lawncare, answer a few questions like
    What type program are you planning on offering?
    What will your cost be? I mean all of them, not just fertilizer and gas money.
    What type customers are you going to serve?
    What do other people charge? It is going to be hard to beat everyone else's price. Their price is where it is for a reason.
    How are you going to apply?
    What suppliers are you going to use?
    Any technical support from supplier?
    Are you mowing already and want to add a service while already on the property?
    That is just a few things to think about. I am sure that I missed many more important ones. Someone at lawnsite needs to come up with a sticky about this subject.

5. Aspro

Aspro LawnSite Member
    from NY

Thank you for your reply. I know all the answers for my business regarding the questions you mentioned above. I'm just looking for ideas for pricing the customers. Should I double or triple the cost plus labor. Or should I just charge labor plus cost. I don't want to under or overcharge. Any advise would be much appreciated.