Pricing Question

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Harleyboy52, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Harleyboy52

Harleyboy52 LawnSite Member

A friend of mine wants me to ask a question about pricing. He is trying to bid on a government job spraying roundup along a chain link fence. There is 19,500 feet of fencing to be sprayed. He is looking for a price per foot. Has anyone done such a job. I don't know how he is going to spray it, but I would assume with some kind of tank sprayer maybe on a 4 wheeler. If anyone has any ideas on price per foot I would appreciate it. Thanks. Harleyboy

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

That job will go for DIRT CHEAP I promise you as I have numerous Gov Contracts. The bid will also more likely than not spell out exactly how it must be sprayed and with what equipment. It will also probably require not only the Applicators license but also a ROW cert and if any water is near the fence an AQ cert also.

3. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Your friend will also need to be registered as a contractor with the government if this is a Federal property, receive a cage #, etc. Lots of hoops to jump through for federal gov. property jobs. Once your established as a contractor bidding will be much smoother.

Mike is right on the money as well, Government property contracts are awarded to the lowest bidder.

4. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Tell your friend he can get in to lawnsite by going to library and using the free computers to ask his own questions.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh by the way I have a friend that wants to know what everyone is charging per 1K for their fertilizer program, how much for aerating and dethatching and verticutting per 1K.

Just send me an email and I will pass it on to my friend. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

5. Harleyboy52

Harleyboy52 LawnSite Member

He already has all his certs. He has been in business for 7 or 8 years and has done gov. jobs before, just not a spraying job like this. He knows that he can post on Lawnsite, but he asked me to post for him. This job is on Camp Lejeune. Thanks. Harleyboy

6. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

If its fenceline, I would think your friend would want to walk it to do a precision job. (The RoundUp will hurt anything green being oversprayed off his 4 wheeler.)

You may have bermuda to kill around Camp Lejeune, so I would mix the RoundUp at that higher rate.

Pricing sounds like your friend's hourly labor rate plus materials.....