1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pricing question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rvincent, Feb 25, 2007.

1. rvincent

rvincent LawnSite Member

I was contacted by a guy today that owns seven four families that he needs mowed. He just bought them this week and is looking for someone to do the work. Basicly what it comes down to is they are all on half acre lots. each has a parking slab that will hold about 5-8 cars. Im curious as to how much you guys would charge.

thanks in advance

2. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Are they all together? If so I would calculate my standard fee fro each then maybe give the guy 5% off for not having to move the equipment. Otherwise, no discount.
  3. rvincent

rvincent LawnSite Member

four are together and three are together they are about 2 miles apart.
  4. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

i would give a slight discount since he is giveing you a couple yards
  5. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

$350 per cut for all 7
  6. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

sounds like a firefighter price
  7. rvincent

rvincent LawnSite Member

Do you mean 350 is a good price, to cheap or to expensive?
  8. BCFLawnLandscape

BCFLawnLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

That's 50 bucks per apartment building. Doesn't sound like a bad price to me for something that's a half acre lot.
  9. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I tend to give a better deal on lawns that are together. But it also depends on how much you want the business. I love those "next door" deals. If I could do all four in 2 hours, where usually it would take me 1hr per lawn with load/drive/unload in between, I would factor that in, but still come out ahead.

If one costs $50, I would charge maybe 40 for the 3 others next to it.
    Hard to say without looking at them.
  10. jcantrell

jcantrell LawnSite Member

Good luck with that one, in my experience "investors/landlords" are as cheap as they come and they will want thing mowed every other week and will find the cheapest guy in town.

Maybe you will get luck cause he is a new "investor"