Pricing Question

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by coxlandscaping, Mar 18, 2008.

1. coxlandscaping

coxlandscaping LawnSite Member

I would like to know what you guys would charge for this job. A Driveway that’s 66’ X 39’! A walkway that will go from the drive to the front porch that’s 34’ X 4’! We are pricing Belgard Dublin Modular 3 piece. I know how everybody feels about Belgard, but this is the primary seller here. No body else to buy from other than Lowe’s or Home Depot.

2. Paver Gangster

Paver Gangster LawnSite Member

I don't know what "everybody feels" about Belgard because I haven't taken a survey, but I really like Belgard up here. It's high quality with good colors.

I can get dc for about 3.25 sf for the stone landed in my area, depending on who you buy from

3. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

I have no problem with the pavers but I will never build another Celtic wall.

for a job that size we would be around 30k depending on site conditions. Maybe a little higher considering it is random.

4. coxlandscaping

I don't have a problem with Belgard but most of the time you mention them and most of the guys go nuts. I went to a hands on clinic at there place in Rockwood TN it's a really neat place how they manufacture pavers. I like there new pavers the Mega Arbel and the Arbel. I had a trouble with a celtic wall last summer but they made it right with us had trouble with a bunch of crap on the bottom of the block. It was a bad mold my distributor came out to the job took a look at them and hauled them out and brought us replacements.

5. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

$4.95 sq on customer supplied base. $12900 in and out in 1 day with 12 guys! Come on man, its better to ask us if your price you came up with is close, at least it shows you tried and just arent trying to land a job way out of range with someone elses prices.

6. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

Please tell me yur kidding!!!!!!

7. coxlandscaping

This job we priced it at $47,500.00 with a few things that were added on that was discussed after I posted on here.

8. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

Did you get the bid? Seems hihg so you should make a good margine if you get it. four guys a week is what it should take.

9. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

Why would you want to risk your reputation installing pavers on someone else's base?

10. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Simple no warranty. By the way I figure it I will have made 4-5 million by the time my reputation goes in the trash. I think I can live off that. With those kind of prices I can guarantee work every workable day of the year.