Pricing question

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by dmk395, Feb 21, 2002.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

What would you charge for your round 1 fertilizer...prem....on a 12,000 sqft. yard?

2. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

$29.95 stop fee for up to 3k $3.00 a k after that or $56.95 = tax Hope this helps. Harvestman

3. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

How can I compete with someone charging $45 like some of my competition?

4. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

You can't compete with a moron, so don't even worry about it. Just look out for #1 as best you can.

5. How can you call someone that is making about a $100 an hour a moron?

6. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like another regional price issue.
    Keifer, you're in Mass right?
    In CT. most 12,000 sq fter's are probably getting charged $65-$85 or at least $6.00/1000.
    Grub is worth at least $8.00-$9.50/1000.
    So is Lime as a minimum, but that could be more if the quantity of lime required exceeds 50lbs/1000.

I don't know a certified applicator that can afford to spray water at $3.00/1000, but the region between NYC & Boston is certainly NOT Kansas either.

If folks in other areas operate at lower expense due to lowered costs of living, that's fine. If they operate at low margins because they enjoy living small, I guess that's fine too. There's a good reason I don't treat lawns anymore. Low ballers. Don't operate at less than adequate margins if you can help it.

$200.00 per hour is right for around here if you intend to stop for lunch & be done with the route in time to return calls & see your family in daylight. 6 hours of production, 2-3 hrs of administration & maintenance and you won't lose sight of why we work. 10 hours per day & all the bills get paid on time.

Do we do this to make money or friends?

Just my opinion though,
    Steve