1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pricing recommendations

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by yard crew, Aug 6, 2006.

1. yard crew

yard crew LawnSite Member

Hey guys, what do u think is an approriate charge to cut grass? I was thinking $25-35 per 1000sq ft. Am I guessing a ballpark figure or am I way out in left field> I dont want to overbid nor do I want to lose money. Any help is grateful...J:canadaflag:
  2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe per 10K?
  3. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe if you're cutting your moms lawn but everyone else wants to pay 40 an acre.
  4. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

Around here 50x100=5000 sq.ft. minus home footage ,pool, etc. I get min. 30.00-35.00 . Watch gate size if you can do everything with large mower it makes life nicer. If you got alot of string trimming adjust accordingly, most residential properties in this area[suburbia] are 5-10 K sq.ft.Plus it depends what the area is like, income etc. Around here homes vary from 250K-1M. Or you could always try to figure it out time wise try to make 50-60bucks per hr. Hope this helps!!:usflag: