Pricing Serious Questions?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by costcutter, Oct 23, 2003.

1. costcutter

costcutter LawnSite Member
    from georgia

I HAVE BEEN READING ON THIS SUBJECT OF SAY PRICING ALL YOUR CUTS FOR YEAR BUT DIVIDE IT BY 12 SO YOU GET PAID IN THE WINTER. MY ? IS WOULD YOU HAVE TO HAVE ALL THESE PEOPLE ON CONTRACT BECAUSE IT SEEMS IF YOU DIDN'T THEY COULD DROP YOU AFTER BUSY SEAON AND FIGURE THEY COULD JUST GET THE NEW PERSON ON THE BLOCK NEXT SPRING. RESIDENTIAL I HAVE TROUBLE GETTING CONTRACTS. I LIKE THE IDEA BUT DON'T WANT TO GET SCREWED IN THE PROCESS. IF SOMEONE DID THIS YOU ACTUALLY WOULD HAVE GOT LESS THEN YOU WANTED FOR THE CUT BECAUSE YOU DID NOT CCLLECT IN WINTER MONTHS. HELP ME HERE GUYS AND GALS CAUSE THIS IS SOMTHING I WOULD LIKE TO DO BUT I SEEM TO HAVE TROUBLE GETTING PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND THIS SYSTEM. THANKS BILL

2. NC Big Daddy

NC Big Daddy LawnSite Senior Member

When you turn your CAP's lock key off I'll start reading your post..

3. costcutter

costcutter LawnSite Member
    from georgia

If I did something wrong because caps were on I apoligize. I have never had anyone say anything before.

4. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

nc big daddy give me a break.why even post that how is that helpful.

5. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Useing CAPS is considerd YELLING online. As far as your question. After my first year in buss. I had enough customers build up to give them a choice either sign the contract or we will not be back next season. I had all but 2 sign the contract. and now I wont take on customers unless they sign a contract. My billing date is from january to january

Hope this helps

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Here is what i do. I come on average 42 times per year. Every week in summer, apr-oct. And every other week in winter, Nov-March. So i bill monthly. If your not cutting at all in winter, i would leave it the way it is, and pay per cut, but if you are doing like me, it makes things simpeler, and more consistant. P.S. I didnt see this thread before.

8. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

GET A SIGNED CONTRACT FOR EVERYTHING!! As far as stretching payments out over 12 months, I only offer that for seniors, since they are on a budget. All other customers get billed monthly, and are due upon receipt. (unless they have an approved credit line). :cool:

9. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

I would like the 12 month billing too but the people around here just do understand it and must be afraid. sorry i cant help you out.

10. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

We only bill for the months that we mow. We mow an average of 20 times. Yep. it sucks. Cannot help you out with this one. Sorry.