1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pricing spring clean ups

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by ron, Mar 28, 2001.

1. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Your price is WAY to low. The tree companies up here get $330 to cut and $100 to dispose of per tree. Weeding will take at least 6-8 hrs alone! Your bid should be for a min of 20hrs!
  2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I guess that would be me, since the heaviest thing Ive lifted all winter would be a 40 oz. and a pkg of Ho-Ho's -LMAO.

Glad Im starting clean ups on Monday so that by May I can be the king of the scrubs again to qouote Stone.:)

Good Luck this season!
  3. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

"Weeding will take at least 6-8 hrs alone! "

Maybe I mis-read the question, but what weeding was being spec'd?
  4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

If you put the bid in already why are you asking now? I think it is low myself, just completed a job with 14 plantings, a few plant moves, and minor clean up with one load removed and it was $975, I'm sure I would have bid more on this job.

Were they excited when they got the bid?
  5. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

Whew I just finished up this job started Friday Morning around 8;30am worked to 1:30p then started up again sat at 9;00 am and finished up at 1:40pm total time 9 hrs 40 min for one man... hey thanks for all your info...
  6. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

What type of tools did u use to do that job? Just curious because that seems like an awful lot of work to accomplish in 9 hours with one man.
  7. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Even if all you used were a hand rake chain saw hand pruners and pitchfork this was a gravy job for those familiar with what they are bidding on.

[Edited by thelawnguy on 04-01-2001 at 11:00 PM]
  8. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

Now that you are done do you feel like you bid properly or do you feel you cut yourself to low?

9. kroll

kroll LawnSite Member

ron if you work that fast And hard all the time I've got a job for you.LOL how old are you?
  10. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

It sounds like for you, you bid the job right, be glad you submitted the bid BEFORE you posted the question here.