1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing Stone Installtion

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by WEEDEATER, Jan 30, 2003.

1. WEEDEATER

WEEDEATER LawnSite Member

What price range per yard do you guys have for installing 1" stone using shovels and wheelbarrows. I'm looking at 11 yards a distance of 100 ft flat ground. How long would this take for two guys.

2. Tim Canavan

Tim Canavan LawnSite Member
    from Houston

Is there any preparation? Are you going to use some king of a weed barrier?
    I will normally charge $80.00 a yard installed for river cobble. I don't know if that's close to what you are using, but I hope it helps.:cool:

3. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

make sure you use some good underlayment ....otherwise the stone will settle after a while and go down in the soil....you will then have an extremely unhappy customer.

with barrier, stone , labor....ballpark ...somewhere around $1100...maybe a little more but not less...picking stone off the ground is a major pain in the neck...been there done that too many times..if you can push it off a truck into wheelbarrow its a little easier. Next time I do more than 10 yards there will be a Dingo on the job site