Pricing Variables

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bob G, Feb 10, 2001.

1. Bob G

Bob G LawnSite Member

How is everyone doin?hopefully good
    Question on variables in your business as to how you calculate your overhead and pricing. Just questioning my own formulas and if yous have specific formulas and how you are figuring these elements.Crunch time is coming and i need an overdose of info juice ,All info would be muchly appreciated thanks again and stay happy

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I figure our bidding based upon the time it takes to complete services. This includes the following elements on top of performing the work, I call it S.T.U.D. time.

I figure how long it takes us to "S"tart in the morning: This includes vehicle and maintenace checks, loading of equipment, and any discussions pertaining to daily schedules that may be necessary.

The next factor is "T"ravel:
    This includes the distance between jobs for a given route, time taken if fueling is necessary, mileage to the dump, and distance to return to the shop at night.

Then I factor in "U"nloading times. This is how much time it takes to unload the trucks and trailers for each job throughout the daily shcedules, and how long to put everything away at the shop once the daily tasks are complete.

The final factor is "D"umping. This indicates how long it takes to remove the debris from the trucks at the dumpsite.

Hope this helps some.
    Kris