1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing weed control/fertilizing

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by aperfectlawn, Jun 30, 2004.

1. aperfectlawn

aperfectlawn LawnSite Member

How do you price for weed control/fertilizer. Do you charge by the square foot? What dollar amount do you go by. (Ex: $5 every 50 sq. feet?) I am clueless on how to price and the going rate of applications.

2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Most of the time it is priced by 1000 sq/sf, because that is how most of the chemicals are applied. You need to know your costs involved and how much you are appling to come up with a price for the application.

3. For our basic "weed and feed" program, we charge $27.00 for up to 5,000 1k/ft^2, and then $2.55 every 1k/ft^2 above that.

But you may be able to charge more. I operate in an area where there are probably over 100 companies offering the same services I do, and the climate is very competitive. Additionally we probably have an equal number of under the table lawn mowing crews that apply the weed and feed without a license.

You need to first determine your price per 1000/ft^2 and then try to quantify your costs in delivering the service to each customer. That will be the foundation of your price structure.

4. Eastview Lawncare

Eastview Lawncare LawnSite Member

The best way to understand the pricing end is to start by figuring out that you need a license. Get the spray license first then price insurance , then the equipment to put it out , then the product cost & labor ......& on & on
    dont just double the cost of materials & charge hourly to do the job