Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by PGA, Nov 11, 2005.

1. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

As a few of you know Im expanding into chemicals next season. Ive taken the test and bought some equipment to do strictly granular right now and a couple backpack sprayers for spot-spraying.

My question is pricing. Ive talked to some fellow LCO's. Some with larger companies and some with smaller. The smaller ones charge anywhere between $4.00 and $6.00 per 1000 sq ft and the larger charges $10.00 per 1000.

Ive decided to start out at $5.00 per 1000.

So most of my yards will be paying around $40 per app being around 8000 sq ft.

I have one yard that is 20,000 SQ FT.

My question is do most of you stick to your established price ( whatever it is) when you get a yard that big or do you drop your $ per 1000?
  2. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

29 reads and not one response? Is everyone here not charging people for apps?

3. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

you need to have a base price, we charge a $36 min charge for any lawn 5000 k or less, then add $3 per k over 5000 base min. so a 10k lawn would be $51.00 then drop the $ a little per k for the larger lawns with a price break at 15-25-40k, so that a 1 acre lawn will be priced at around $120, you may want to check the competion in your area and see what the prices are. good luck
  4. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry for no response, but there has been tons of talk about this. If you search you'll get overloaded. I'll just say that our rates start at $6.50 per k with a minimum charge. As the lawns get bigger the charge drops. We top out at $175.00 per acre. And next year our prices are going up @10%.
  5. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

I've been charging $4/k, with a $35 minimum. I've got a couple at $30, but I picked them up early on when my minimum was lower.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i am at 195 and acre and dont come down for the lowballers i want to do a great job and the extra money allows me to do it
  7. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

yea, my prices are going up next year too! not sure how much yet but atleast 10%.
  8. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I have left a nice note to everyone telling them they can expect a 15% increase in '06. I have raised my prices too.

Dusty hit on the head. I charge quite a bit more than the per acre charges I see here. First of all...I am lazy. I hate doing big properties. If I am gonna have to do it, it'll be worth it.
  9. breckslawncare

breckslawncare LawnSite Member

My minimum is $35, above that I get $7 per k. For larger properties I figure the "real" price and compare it to cost and time and generally come us with a fair price.
    It hasn't burned my yet.
  10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I sure wish WE could get those kind of prices around here!