pricing

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by AMBASSADOR LAWNS, Jan 15, 2006.

1. AMBASSADOR LAWNS

AMBASSADOR LAWNS LawnSite Member

When pricing properties, are you pricing them by the square foot,
    if so what is the rate in your area?

2. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Price with a minimum charge for 5000sqft, then price range of 2.50-3.00 per k after that. large jobs, time and material, 65.00 per man hr. 30% margin on products.

3. The Ranger

The Ranger LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

Minimum 3.00 - 3.35 Per M +stop. Minimum 32-35 @ 3000sqft. 10M 10X3.00=30.00 +23 stop chg = 53.00. We never price fert work by the hr. But if you do remember to get a true 30% profit margin you need to multiply your product cost by 45%.

4. AMBASSADOR LAWNS

AMBASSADOR LAWNS LawnSite Member

Great,
    I thought I'd keep this at the top and get some more info with other companies out.

5. steve's total lawn care

steve's total lawn care LawnSite Member

in my area prices average $45 for a 3000 sq ft lawn to $150 an acre.

6. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

A quick and dirty graph. As you can see, pricing does not follow a linear increase. That is why I choose to avoid saying X amount per thousand.

[​IMG]

7. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

When you say 49 for 3000 sq ft is that per application or per visit with more than one app being extra? Like if they get fert and pre-m is that $49 or is 49 fert only and 49 for the pre-m also? :confused:

8. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

It is the average price of the 7 applications for the season. Each of the seven would be billed at $49. Some might be fertilizer only, some might be fert+preemergent for example. Customers would not appreciate variable amounts, so it is simpler this way. For me it washes out in the end just fine.

Of course people get discounts when there is route density. When you have several on the same street, travel costs are reduced.

9. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

Our prices are in line with most of those quoted.
    However, we base our pricing on a standard 6 treatment program an adjust for things like:
    10% more for each dropped appl.
    Call aheads=plus $5.00
    Excessive landscaping.
    Hilly lawn.
    Fish ponds.
    Locked gates.
    Complaining homeowner.

Averaging per appl. cost is done, but we all know are biggest costs are R1 & R-2.
    Bottom line, you need to know your costs.

10. RRHAMMONS

RRHAMMONS LawnSite Member

Minimum $45 or $3.50/k, whichever is the larger.