1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Matt Davis, Dec 28, 2001.

1. Matt Davis

Matt Davis LawnSite Member

I am a young guy about to try to start a buisness this spring.
    This will be a "fly by the seat of my pants operation". I will deal soley with maintenance, mostly residential contracts.
    My question is how to get customers interested and how to price out what I am selling. It will be a 2-3 man operation with simple maint.(mow,trim,blow,cultivate etc) and if I was ready for larger contracts how would I get them?
  2. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

Hello Matt and welcome to Lawnsite. That said, use the search function on this site as your question has been answered many times before and you don't want to get in dutch with this bunch:) :) Also, I might add that if you're going to fly by the seat of your pants you might be better off at the quickie mart. This site deals with professionals and as such they don't cozy up to "fly by the seat of your pants", This is a business of professionals, aspire to be one. Don't mean to be mean.