pricing

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by phasthound, Jul 10, 2008.

1. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

What are people charging for core aeration, seeding and top dressing?

2. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

about 4 cents a square no seed, we dont do it, top quality compost and core air, with a free weed pull,4 cents

3. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

depends on what you can get for your seed. I stopped pricing the overseeding for the fall due to the raise in price for everything. Figured they can wait till then, if they try and seed a lawn now they are throwing their money away anyways. I won't do it now, I have people ask all the time and all I say is NO, you will not get a good result and it will make me look bad.

I got my numbers but the last time I priced the guy told me I was about $50 off. I didn't really care as the only cost for me is labor as I own my own aerators and currently am doing the work myself. But I am going to do some changing of the numbers, why charge less when I can charge more?

4. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

Depends on the layout of the property of course...but a ball park figure for 1 acre would be aprox. $1400

5. Elden

Elden LawnSite Member

I have been pricing at $25 per K. That is for a double pass though. So for an Acre I would be around $1100.

6. DeepGreenLawn

that sounds like where I need to be, I was under that a good bit, didn't really have it down to a price/k either though, that has been on the bottom of the working out prices. I just revamped my whole program so I am having to redo a lot of pricing right now.

With every customer I do a good solid pass and then run around like a mad man for a while making sure to hit the areas needing it more, bare or stressed areas.

7. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

k, wait, you charge 200 to do a core aerate and top-dress on a 5K lawn? I need to figure out how to be that efficient.

8. treegal1

whats to figure out, its simple. pm me if you need help, daners is only 3.14 cents hes got it going.

9. DeepGreenLawn

I was thinking that was a little on the cheap side myself.

10. treegal1

ok so answer me this, how much compost/ topdressing,cost?
    and then the work, what does it take, one hour and fuel to poke some holes(maybe faster here,sand?)50$? spreading the top dress, now that's the workout, 1 hour 50$ so add the 50-80$ in post, whats left? and we pay the spreaders 8 per so no real hard math there.

for 5k here its about 2.5 yards of post= 1.25 tons= @ 30$ per ton, for the low grade, worm cast blend??? not now..........