1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by pro-interlock, Aug 24, 2011.

1. pro-interlock

pro-interlock LawnSite Member

I need to price a job at a hospital with 115 000 sq/ft of snow removal and 78 000 sq/ft of lawn and landscape maintenance (mostly grass to mow). There are not many obstacles and mostly straight roads and parking lots for snow plowing. And also the summer maintenance includes garbage removal, sweeping roads and washing of garbage bins.

They want a total sum per month for both winter and summer maintenance.
    What would you price this job?

2. DIXIECONTRACTING

DIXIECONTRACTING LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

No disrespect meant but if you need to ask how to bid a job you might reconsider taking the job sounds like you might not be ready for that large of an account.

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I would have to think long and hard before taking on the snow plowing for a hospital. Do you have multiple trucks and employees.

Without knowing where you are I don't think anyone can even venture a guess on what to charge.

4. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

about $586.00 per month.

5. pro-interlock

We have a lot of experience in snow removal and a large crew. I just wanted to compare with other companies prices.

6. DIXIECONTRACTING

DIXIECONTRACTING LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Only you know what your overhead is and how reliable your equipment is etc. so for other to give you a price really doesn't matter.

7. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

We still don't know where you are so have no idea how much snow you even get!

8. pro-interlock

About 5 snowfalls per month which amount of snow varies from 1-15" per snowfall

9. SPEEDSKI

SPEEDSKI LawnSite Member
    from TN

These are just the most ignorant questions yet they keep coming. I mean to put together a price, does anyone else not figure labor, material costs, fuel, insurance overhead, down time and so on instead X amount times square feet or whatever?

Seriously, what serious business owner would ask these questions and only give the information the original poster provided?

What has this industry come too? No wonder all the customers think we are a bunch of damn ditch diggers!!

10. pro-interlock

Please remove this thread.