Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LawnMowerMan2003, Apr 9, 2003.

1. LawnMowerMan2003

LawnMowerMan2003 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in South Texas, and I was wondering what the going rate would be to fertilize (and hopefully put on some pre emmergant at the same time) a 5000 square-foot lawn?
  2. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

Without looking about $45.00.
  3. Look at it this way, going rate is what TGCL will charge even if they loose money on it.

The rate is what you will charge including, product, labor, overhead, etc.......

It also helps to know what you are going to apply.

"Hey how much would it be to build my house?"
  4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

60 beans plus tax my boy, and sell them a program, not just one app.
  5. LawnMowerMan2003

LawnMowerMan2003 LawnSite Senior Member

I guess it would be helpful to know exactly what I'm going to use. I need to check with Lesco and talk to them about it. I think it's too late to use preemergant anyway now, from what I was reading on weed control. I'm looking for a granular fertilizer, probably whatever comes out to be cheapest nitrogen per pound, hopefully with some weed control mixed in (for ease of calibration) or I could buy the weed control separately and do 2 applications. Shouldn't take over 10 minutes to apply. If anyone has some suggestions for St. Augustine, especially regarding the weed control, please let me know.
  6. Going at this blind is a wonderful way to approch this new business venture.

How are you going to apply your materials?

Spray herbicides work many times better then the granular, they also show they are working much faster. They also don't need to be watered in.

You should of had them cost out your entire program for you, they do provide this service for free. They can also help you on pricing it.

I use 5 times the cost of product.