Prickly Lettuce

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by gulfjoe, Feb 25, 2013.

1. gulfjoe

gulfjoe LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a friend whos yard is infested with prickly lettuce. What are you guys using to take care of this. I dont see it on the Celsius label.

2. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

24d
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. dwmason

dwmason LawnSite Member

2nd the 24d on the lettuce - in oklahoma it kills fairly easy

4. gulfjoe

How does the 24D affect the turf. This will be sprayed on dormant Bermuda grass in Columbus Ga
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. dwmason

dwmason LawnSite Member

24 d won't hurt the turf at all. If the Bermuda is dormant you can spray glyphosat and kill every weed

6. gulfjoe

I'm looking online and seeing so many different types of 2-4-D types and brands for sell at different costs. Is one better than the other is there a specific type that anyone recommends?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. dwmason

dwmason LawnSite Member

Use the glyphosate. Go to tractor supply and get 41 percent for around $50 for a 2.5 gallon jug. Follow label directions. If you use 24d. Tractor supply carries amine 24d or trimec
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. gulfjoe

So the 2-4-D from tractor supply is just as effective as the 2-4-D from the JDL stores? I just see different brands and prices for the same amount and was wondering if one was better than the other. Example is one brand a Mercedes while the other is a Suzuki...

9. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

As long as what you are buying is 3.8 lb per gallon 2,4-D amine it is all the same. The difference between TSC and JD is that JD is charging you homeowners price. A licensed applicator buying it by the drum or 275 gallon mini bulk along with several tons of fertilizer per year pays a different price.