priest is a liar

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SCAGMAN411, Apr 9, 2008.

1. SCAGMAN411

SCAGMAN411 LawnSite Member

Well the new priest told me months ago when i met with him, that if they got a lower bid he would call me and ask if i could do better, well a decision was made yesterday, and i never got a phone call asking if i could match the other price, nothing, nothing:hammerhead:, after five years of great service thats what i got. This is a very huge hit for me, i'm just so angry,they can also forget the snowplowing in the winter, good luck with the low baller.

2. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

He probably had to much wine when you talked to him before and forgot. Go buy a bottle of brandy and sit down and have a drink with him, tell him you have sinned for being angry with him and your penance is to mow the lawn for the next 10 years at your previous price with a 10% cost of living increase every year.

3. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Comfront him face to face and let us know what he says

4. Paulup

Paulup LawnSite Senior Member

bribe him. grab the nearest school boy!

I kid, I kid!

5. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry to hear that? I deal with churchs I have never meet with a priest though? I deal with the Church Administrator with the economy the way it is (customers perspective),many of my customers are not "fooling around"or getting other bids this year. They want some type of stability , and didn't want to risk loosing our service. I did lose an apartment complex that was happy with our service, and bam I got a call, saying "your services are no longer required, it's nothing your company did" turns out the apartment complex was going to hire a groundskeeper.

6. jaybird24

from midwest

I truly don't believe priests lie- they misremember.

7. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

catholics, prodestans, babtists, the worst is the evangelic christian republicans.....

the truth, no one makes more money then religion, next comes education....look at the churches springing up everywhere, why is that, MONEY.... not saving your soul....

most churches find a sucker member to do it for free..... just stay away from churches.......no money in that

8. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

I had something similar happen to me. I chased a local church for 2 years begging and pleading for the contract. I finally got it , because no one else was that cheap and had the place looking better than it ever had. It was 19 acres with ballfields and they were so grown up I had to rent a bushhog to get it to maintenance level + there was also a mile of ditch up to your head that I weedeated down and had looking real good. I totally relandscaped the gymnasium and put in a french drain to drain water away from the building. I did a lot of other things also, right when they would ask me to. The place was my pride and joy! After 4 yrs. of having the place perfect each Sunday and finally paying my 72" Exmark off, they sent a letter telling me what an excellent job I had done but were planning to give someone else in the church the opportunity to do the maintenance. That was around 3 yrs. ago and I'm still sore about it- like it happened yesterday. I never once raised my prices and it hurt us financially ,for a while. People are not loyal.

9. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

All of my commercial accounts require 2.5mil insurance coverage, that weeds out the lowballers around here. Most of the Churchs do not want to deal with the liablity of a church member "mowing" the grass.

10. jaybird24

from midwest

Yep churches are big business, do you think most CEO's got to where they are by being complete stand up guys.