Prime Marketing Times of the Year??

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by RwADesigner, Oct 30, 2002.

1. RwADesigner

RwADesigner LawnSite Member

When do you guys feel is the best time to advertise with flyers/mailings so forth?

This is for Lawn Care only.

We get tons of calls in fall and spring for designs/installation.

2. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

For lawn care i would say around march or april .:cool:

3. Spring 1st
    Fall 2nd

4. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

I start my ads in Feb. I get the bulk of my calls in April. We get our second most calls in November-December. You can pass flyers out any time of the year. With New paper ads I would spend your money in March-April and Again in November-December. It doesn't have to be the biggest ad to get the job. You want to try and run it daliy. The say most people read the paper on Sunday and Wed. But I have found over the years running it day in and day out I have greater sucess. Good Luck. Travis

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Yesterday, today, tomorrow.

6. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I agree spring is best for me. It egts me more regular customers. Fall flyer get a fair amount of business but its usually one time clean-up jobs.

7. B. Phagan

B. Phagan LawnSite Member

The best time to market should be determined by what services you are offering...............

I would not market for maintenance in the spring in most states.........we usually pick them up just when we must service most often and our expenses are the absolute highest.......far too many of us lose money marketing for maintenance at the wrong time of year.

Landscape/hardscape marketing in spring? Absolutely!

8. Nebraska

Nebraska LawnSite Senior Member

:confused:
    ????