1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Prime time to advertise

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by T.Heck, Feb 11, 2006.

1. T.Heck

T.Heck LawnSite Member

First year in Illinois....... When is it prime time to run adds? Middle of March sound about right?
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I'm in virginia and I start my advertising two weeks before the end of march, so around the 18th to the 20th or thereabouts, just past the middle.

These first two weeks are usually fruitless, however, the ad has to be out when spring hits, or you will lose a slew of customers, and spring generally hits right around the 1st of April. Keeping in mind we're talking about the weather, it doesn't hurt to get a small jumpstart on things, and I find 2 weeks is sufficient, I haven't seen that much variation in it.

One other thing: Once I start advertising, my ad doesn't stop running until end of May, then it runs eow (every other week) through June, so it's constant advertising that gets me enough business so I can have a 'take it or leave it' attitude, a fair requirement in a competitive field such as lawn care.
  3. mike Heymann

mike Heymann LawnSite Member
    from IL

im in Ill to its my first year and im doing mine mid march. I dont even know how im doing them yet.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Prime time to advertise??

Day time! Most people sleep at night.:sleeping:

Fliers should only be one part of an advertising plan. You should be promoting your business all the time. Fliers give price shoppers another # to call. Self promotion of your high quality maintenance company will produce high quality clients
  5. T.Heck

T.Heck LawnSite Member

Thanks alot for the info it will be put to use.