1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Primmo Maxx cost?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Northwest, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Northwest

Northwest LawnSite Member

How much can you get a gallon for? Locally UHS quoted $420 and Horizon quoted $515. I thought tremor said treatment would cost $1.50 per thousand even at .75 oz per thousand it would cost $2.46 per thousand to treat. Tremor or anyone know where you can get Primmo Maxx for $250 a gallon?
  2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

$ 385.00 last season here in Florida. I have not priced it this year. I gas is now $ 2.00 a gallon here now also. Therefore I am sure all chemical costs will hit sky high prices.
  3. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

I paid around 385 also. I have ordered 5 gal for this year but can't remeber how much exactly but close to the same.
  4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Just priced it out here in MN 2 days ago, $450 / gallon. Using it on turf, 1 oz per thousand, so ..... $3.51 per thousand?

My 1 oz per thousand is for edging, you can look up the label, oh, somewhere, do a search, it'll bring you to the company's website and there's a table there on what they recommend you run it at for each application.
  5. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

Check around. Lesco has a huge markup on the stuff. Last year lesco quoted me 440/gal and ProSOurce one got it for me for $390. Gets even cheaper if buying 5 gallons.
  6. Northwest

Northwest LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies. I guess $420 is not out of the ballpark. UHS always has the best prices around here (Washington State).
    I was just wondering what others paid. I wish I had enough turf to by 5 gallons I'd be rolling in the doe. Majority of lawns here are 3000-4000 square feet total front and back.
  7. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

The Agency price for Primo Maxx is $350 per gallon when purchased in the 10 gal Link-Pak. That price is not negotiable from any source & cannot be changed by any distributor. To alter that price breaches the agency agreement & could cost the seller their agency status.

Purchase broken cases & you're at the mercy of perhaps insane tiered pricing tables. Bite the bullet & buy it right.

$350/gal = $2.73 per oz.

.5 oz/M = $1.36/M
    .75 oz/M = $2.05/M

I have no idea how I came up with $1.50. Perhaps I split the difference between these 2 rates. $1.50 is the cost if the rate applied is .55oz/M??? I'm not sure how I came up with that.

On close cut turf I don't advocate rates higher than this. I don't usually exceed .75 oz here on my own lawn (I mow at 1.5 inches). Though I have applied more just for kicks. One ounce doesn't yield that much greater yield reduction as far as I'm concerned for these grasses. But everyone's situation will be somewhat different based on fertility, grass type, weather, etc.

Home lawns might justify 1 oz per 1000. But not here.

Either way it's still cheaper than Grub Control. And much cheaper than mowing.

Sorry for the confusion.

8. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Hamons---- What was shipping on that from Prosourceone??? Thanks
  9. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Tremor--- Are you sying to buy 10 Gallons at $3500 :eek: :eek: ???

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

how long will it last in storage? 10 gal will last a while