Primo Maxx

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bntt68, Jun 25, 2007.

1. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering if anyone uses this PGR for prestress conditions? I was quoted 450.00 for a gallon. Is this about right? Thanks, Brent

2. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

It a bit late around here to be spraying Primo. The grass cannot be heat or drought stressed WHEN you spray it or you will have Primo brown grass. We spray it in May when the grass is growing like crazy. Good results and does increase drought tolerance. $450 is about right, shop around you may be able to find a better deal.

3. bntt68

Thanks, we are still green here. I would be using this for trimming purposes also. I was going to buy some before prices jump.

4. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

RoundUp was actually developed intitially as a growth regulator and then was found to work well as an all purpose weed/grass kill product. There are people who dilute it and use it as a growth regulator and they claim it works ok and is a whole lot less costly. There are some old threads here I think if you do a search on something like "roundup growth regulator". I've never tried it but I've been tempted many times but getting the right mix rate is obviously critical.

5. bntt68

Yes I have heard of chemical mowing with an application of roundup diluted, but it does nothing for the overall health of the turf like Primo maxx does. Primo actually redirects the vertical growth of the turf to the roots and horizontaly also. Thus creating a thicker stand of turf from the horizontal growth and a deeper root zone also to help with summer heat stress and drought. I have a few clients that want me to try Primo on thier properties. I will soon find out. Thanks for the suggestion Garpa.