primo maxx

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by dmk395, Aug 22, 2003.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Anyone use it? I was thinking of spraying it along the fences of the baseball field complex I maintain....will it eliminate trimming of all the fences to maybe a bi weekly sequence?

2. lars

lars LawnSite Member

Primo is great for such applications. We use it at the golf course I work at around bunker banks. Fly-mowing goes from a once a week event to once every other week or every three weeks. We usually apply at 0.5 oz / 1000 with a spray gun but recently used a spray hawk. I would not go higher than 0.5. A friend of mine at Rutgers just did a field trial and beat up turf pretty well at 0.6 oz / 1000.

3. ChickensDoo

ChickensDoo LawnSite Member

I've used primo in edging applications in the past, and have had good luck with it. Just make sure the turf is not under stress or going into stress periods, because the turf will not readily recover from damage.....

4. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Primo is good stuff.....I like the "conditioning" effects rather than the growth reg., but the reg does save time for me.