1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

primo maxx ?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by T.E., Sep 16, 2003.

1. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

I have a question maybe someone can help me with. I have an account that is full service has about 2500 to 300 sq ft. of beds and they have a lot of burberry and other fast growing shrubs. Is there a growth regulator that I can spray on these shrubs to slow down the growth? any help will be appreciated. Tony :)
  2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Trim them, that is what you get paid for.

Growth regulators are expensive used in the field. For what your talking about, regulators are primarily used in production. Smaller plants needing to become bushy for whole sale shipment.

Much more cost effective for production for your spraying small plants.

Another thing

Growth regulators are catagorized as a "Pesticide"
  3. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

I wouldn't recommend spraying Primo on shrubs, or for that matter anything other than grass. It says on the box itself that it's for turf growth managment. Believe me I found out the hard way by spraying it on a few pines:rolleyes:
  4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Embark is a plant growth regulator. It has many advantages besides reducing trimming. Growth is re-directed to make shrubs fuller not taller. If you have a license then try it, you will like it. It can and will save you money.

Read Label at Bluebooktor.com or Cdms.net
  5. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Atrimmec. It promotes more of a lateral growth whereas Embark, I understand, stops the plant in its tracks. Primo isn't labelled for shrubs, only turf.
  6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -