Primo....results so far on Bermuda

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ThreeWide, Jun 29, 2005.

1. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

A couple of hybrid Bermuda lawns I maintain are cut with a reel. Anyone who has tried this knows what a job that can be. Mowing is often required twice per week to manage the turf at proper heights and produce miminal clippings. With reel mowing, anything you can do to avoid collecting clippings saves tons of labor.

A few weeks ago, I bit the bullet and picked up some Primo. Primo was applied at 0.19 ounces per thousand, along with Regal Multigreen (Iron + micros)

Results have been great. I am mowing at 1 inch with the reel. Mowing interval is 7 days, and I do not need to collect clippings. Without Primo, mowing would be required every 3-4 days to duplicate that.

Not only is the mowing less frequent, the turf is growing more dense than before.
  2. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

I've been happy with the results I've been getting from Primo, too. The one thing that I have noticed is that you don't want to use it on recovering lawns that need to fill in in a hurry. Customers don't understand why it's "not growing."

Have you ever tried Embark on bermuda? I know it doesn't have the same mode of action, but I was just curious as to the results.