Prince George's County, MD

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by Cummins343, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Cummins343

Cummins343 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Kansas

Is there anyone on here that either lives in or nearby Prince George's County? I'm askin cause I've had thoughts about moving up there to attend The national fire academy(University of Maryland) to finish up my associates degree.

2. Cummins343

from Kansas

anyone?????

3. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

I live in Howard county. What part of PG are you looking at ?

4. Cummins343

from Kansas

Hyattsville???? I think that's what It's called. I'm not 100% sure though. I also like Kentland.

5. salopez

salopez LawnSite Senior Member

big difference between those two towns! you can get an apt. for 400 a month in hyattsville that you cant be outside after dark and you can get a room in someones basement in the kentlands for 900 a month!

if you are just looking to come up here to go to school there are tons of places to live near college park. all depends on 2 things...how much do you want to spend and how long are you willling to sit in your car.

6. Cummins343

from Kansas

Well here's the deal. Prince George's County Fire/EMS is pretty much all vollunteer. Hyattsville Fire Station has students that work for the dept but also go to school fulltime and they live in the fire house. It's called a Residnt Firefighter. You get full reimbursement of your college. It's a pretty cool gig.