princess 77 questions

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by straightlinelawns, Feb 24, 2006.

1. straightlinelawns

straightlinelawns LawnSite Member

my personal lawn is common bermuda. It is a level lawn and pretty small. I saw some bermuda princess 77 grass seed the other day at lowes and want to give it a try. I'm tring to figure out the best way to do it. Should i kill the common bermuda first and then airerate and seed? should i just cut the bermuda to the ground, ( i have a tru cut reel mower i cut it with) and over seed the princess 77. any help would be great. by the way, i want the lawn to look like a putting green because i have about 12 customers that live in my subdivision and i want them to see my lawn and want the same in theirs.

2. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

Several questions:
    Is your property irrigated?
    do you own an verticutter?
    what type of soil, sructure, admendments exist at your site?
    what height is the Tru-cut set to?
    How many blades are on the Tru-cut?
    Is the existing host turf actually common bermudagrass or is it a hybrid such as 419?

3. straightlinelawns

straightlinelawns LawnSite Member

the property is irigated. no i don't own a verticutter,. it has ok soil, but i can fix that, the tru cut is set on the third hole from the bottom up, and i think there is 6 or 9 blades on the mower, it is the 23'' cut with the 5.5 honda and has the metal catcher in front,and it is common bermuda not a hybrid like tiffsport or 419 or tiffway