Printing images on colored paper

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green-pa, Mar 13, 2007.

1. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

WHat images are acceptable on colored paper? Would it be ok to put a picture of a house/yard or landscape, even though the green or yellow paper will distort the color some? Just don't want to use white paper unless that really is best for the whole thing stands out more initially in colored paper.
    At least when it's going in the flyer box, for the door postings I'd use the white ones.:confused:

2. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

if you're planning to design your own full color flyer and print yourself (Or take to Kinko's) I would suggest gotprint.com or any other mass printing .com site. It's more cost effective. I got 2500 postcards one sided full color for $130 or so. Color was great with a high gloss finish... they were heavy duty as well.
    I use to print my own on a laser printer... use to get 4 'cards' per 8.5x11 sheet of cardstock. But overall... it beat up my printer, and toner ran close to $275. THEN I would have to do all the cutting myself. PITA!!!!

to answer your original question... any image you choose WILL be darker when printed on paper such as green, red or blue. Yellow might work for you, but won't show true image color. White is the only way to go, if printing yourself.

3. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Actually I'm doing my two-sided color flyers right now on ivory 110# paper through my color laser printer. I thought the color matching was pretty darn good.

We only do mailing of less than 1300 at a time so it isn't that big a deal.