Privacy shrubs 8' and higher

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by HydroCutter, Sep 25, 2006.

1. HydroCutter

HydroCutter LawnSite Member

I have a customer who asked me for something to create more privacy than the 6' fence they have now. There is a length of 36'. I gave an estimate for 12 10' Emeralds along that stretch. The price I gave was 2100. The trees retailed for 100$ each. That was too expensive for them. What other options that are less expensive do I have. They do not want to wait for anything to grow, they want instant privacy.

Thanks

Dave

2. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

A couple of options here for this type of privacy, Lyland Cypress Trees and Red Pits will also fit the bill for this. I have no idea what they cost to get either of these this large. However, I can tell you that almost anything you buy that is 8' tall and large enough to create privacy is going to cost $$. If they want to spend less, they need to have pateince and with for new plantings to grow.

My Red Tips have gone from 2' to 14' in four years and create a great screen between us and the back side neighbors.

3. treedoc1

treedoc1 LawnSite Senior Member

You gave them the cheapest evergreen option for your area....Next! and on to the next client.

4. MarkintheGarden

MarkintheGarden LawnSite Bronze Member

Customer should have jumped on it.

Do you need 12? That is planting them every three feet, are you staggering them?

5. wski4fun

wski4fun LawnSite Senior Member

How about lattice on top of the fence. Would that be an option?

6. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

A fence $15 foot is $540. Instant privacy.