Private forum boards????

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by gogetter, Dec 10, 2003.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Okay, did I miss something? What's with the new private forum boards in a members name?

I don't get it????

2. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

That is just something I am tooling with right now... gives a little privilege to some long time members who like to voice a particular opinion (political and such) and can carry on and rant about their discussions in their own forum without bugging members who want to stay away from them... they can use that forum to more freely express their opinions and those who want to interact, can.

These forums will NOT be used to hold any discussion related to lawn care or any business topic that would lead regular discussions to that particular forum.... also, the forum can't be used to slander another member, etc... adult rules.

3. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

so you just have to had been here a while to be in one??
    i saw that odin00 was highlighted like your name does on the bottom of the main page, I wondered what was up with that.

4. indmowing

indmowing LawnSite Member

lol, I read it as Odin is someone that people wants to stay away from and that he buggs people so he was given his own forum :) Oh and that he rants

hehe Just teasing :angel:

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

adult rules.
    Charles?

6. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe this is a good idea. I wasn't sure at first.
    I for one am tired of all the political bullshit that goes on in the off topic forum and elsewhere. I have my political view, you have yours. Keep yours to yourself and I will keep mine to myself. I really get tired of the muckslinging.
    What ever happened to reinforcing your point by stating the positive about your ideas instead of tearing down the others?
    So now all the political science experts can rant in there own forums.

Can we put a whole forum on IGNORE? So we don't even have to see the topics?

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Ah-ha! Noooow I see the benefit. I've never used the "ignore" feature, this would be a good reason to do so.

Politics, schmolitics!

8. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

What I would like to see is a way to pick the forums you like to read when you hit "view new posts" I like the fact that I can read all new posts but the endless scrolling past political debate, religious debate ect. gets dull. So for example I could choose commercial lawn care, pesticide application, elements of business, and maybe a few others and have it only list new posts in those forums. There are usually 4-5 pages of new posts and about 1 page I care to read.

9. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

I already made some links so you can search for new posts in a particular forum only.... do a search in this forum.... it was not to long ago.

10. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO