Private Message system. Sean.

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Tulsa Lawn Guy, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Tulsa Lawn Guy

Tulsa Lawn Guy LawnSite Member

Sean,

Great site! I just recently signed up, but I have been reading the forums for some time.

I have a business in Tulsa, Oklahoma and would like to use your 'equipment sales' forum to try to sell my Toro Z.

Anyway, I noticed that I wasn't able to use Private messages, and as stated, that is the only way to use the sales forum.

Is there any way to activate the PM feature?

Thanks,

Ryan

2. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Think this was covered in another thread in this forum...

PM's are activated after you make a certain number of posts, I believe it's 25 but could be wrong.

Jodi explained that was to help reduce the amount of SPAM that was posted to the boards.

Dan

3. Tulsa Lawn Guy

That's reasonable...

Are you pretty sure that the number is 25?

4. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

5. Tulsa Lawn Guy

Nope... still no PM's.

Anyone else have any idea what the magic number is?

6. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I will double check with Pierre as to how he set it up - number of posts possibly combined with amount of time as a member. As said earlier, it was something we regretfully had to do, but oh man what a difference! Now, when people want to spam they have to go right to the board and post their garbage which is seen instantly and removed and they are given the exit as well. I will email him and ask him to respond on the board.