Privit Hedge Question

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by YellowRose, Feb 20, 2006.

1. YellowRose

YellowRose LawnSite Member

I would like to get Non-Flowering privit hedges and am wondering if anyone knows the name of these particular ones. I do NOT want the flowering ones and many don't have in the description of the hedge if it is non-flowering. Thanks for any help.

2. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I think the "privit" part is going to cause some grief on the non flowering part of your request. All privits I know of flower, some more than others. What height of hedge are you looking for? Does it have to be a privit or will any hedge do?

3. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

How about a boxwood, or a euynomus hedge. Yew hedge...
    They dont flower (at least not pretty flowers)

4. YellowRose

I already have privit hedges lining part of my back fence and they are the non-flowering type. I have tried to fill in the empty spots with the same Privit but keep getting the flowering type. The flowers bring in the bees something awful. I know there is a non-flowering type as I also have it on one side of my front yard ..... the other is the flowering. They are the same plant except for the flowers so I know it is a Privit. Thanks for any help :)

5. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

If you already have the plants you want, why buy more? Just propagate some new plants from the existing ones. Privet are easy to propagate.

6. YellowRose

Thanks .... I will find out how to propagate and do that. Awesome