Prizelawn’s Bigfoot BF l HVO Spreader...how good is it???

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Exact Rototilling, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

2. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Turf Dawg,

The Anderson pics show the openings to be larger than the Earthway 3100 monkey grinder spreader I have. My WB Earthway should be here in a day or 2 so I will post pics for reference.

:waving:
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Exact Rototilling

Time for bump on this.

I'm pondering if the Bigfoot HO spreader will crank out EKO compost reasonably well.

:waving:
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Exact Rototilling

Really wondering if this spreader would work with compost...?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. EarthWayJK

EarthWayJK Sponsor
    from Laurel

Exact, the 2130 shown is not designed for compost - it will spread large particle and high volume materials, but compost for the most part is damp and will bridge. I designed this model and it's smaller model the 2040PiPlus really for rock salt and grit spreading. We have tested peat moss and bagged compost and it stopped flowing and bridged - but I did have some luck with dry compost (I actually spread compost on the parking lot to dry it) and with some bouncing it spread OK - not good, but OK. Later this summer we are introducing a new line of spreaders designed for multiple uses, and I "think" damp compost will be able to spread. Earth & Turf http://earthandturf.com/index.htm has a new push compost spreader that seems to work well - HP45 if you need something now.
    Jeff K.
    EarthWay