Prizelawn spreader

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Colonel Forbin, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Colonel Forbin

Colonel Forbin LawnSite Member

I'm picking up a used prizelawn bf1 tomorrow used for my home I have 40k sq ft of lawn I take care of myself, I just purchased the house in June of 12 so spent all last year getting settled and working on inside. This year it's outside and lawn. (Expect more q's)

Anybody have any comments about this unit? I plan on using it within a couple days.

Thx in advance

2. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a prizelawn speaker I paid $400 new. It's nice and you can replace any broken parts. It was expensive tho

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

4. Colonel Forbin

I picked it up Saturday it's in great shape super clean needs nothing, has a cover, this is the bf1 model powder coated I got it for 100.00.

5. mr.lawn works

mr.lawn works LawnSite Senior Member

Great deal! I have a powder coated one that is 13 yrs old an just now starting to show age!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

corrosion may eventually kill the powder-coated version. So..wash it and dry it each time to remove the film of fert dust which pulls moisture out of the air like salt. Store in a dry location...hopefully with low humdity. I suggest wrap tape around the frame where the stray fert particles hit the frame.

7. Colonel Forbin

I used it the other day and immediately cleaned it well. It will be stored in my garage with no windows it stays cool all summer, good tip on the tape ill do that. Thx btw it works great I had 100lbs in it and handled it very well.