Pro-C problem

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by gusbuster, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Got a problem with a pro-c indoor timer.

When I do a semi-automatic watering cycle(30 min per valve), about half-way through the first valve, the dang thing stops and just goes back to current time. Yet when I reduce the amount of time(5 min\valve), it will cycle through without any problems.

Already checked connections, checked to see if modules are seated properly(9 zones,3 each module) checked voltage. What else can I do besides swapping out the controller.

The client purchased the unit from out of area so returning is not an option, but before getting another controller, just wanted to completely trouble shoot it. What am I missing?

I never have ran into this kind of problem with a pro-c before which is the reason I recommended this timer in the first place. I just don't like not having an answer for the client.

2. check the seasonal adjustment and make sure it is set at 100% not any lower.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Swap zones and try again. Maybe you have an intermittent short that takes a while to appear. Also, take current readings if you can.

4. Already did this. 4th thing I checked. Normaly out the box already set to 100 % and did verify that it was set to 100 %

5. aquamtic

aquamtic LawnSite Senior Member

Hunter has great contractor support- Call them and or email on their website ( "Ask The Expert"), They do have a 5 year contractor warranty, Hunetr Im sure will gladly take it back if its under 5 years and replace

6. Midlo Snow Maker

Midlo Snow Maker LawnSite Member

i would switch zone wires and see if it doesn't alter when it cuts out, sounds like a solenoid that takes a while running to short out

7. sounds like a marginal coil....

You can't check that w/ a station master...use your ohm meter....or, turn the water off to the valves and run through the timer again...without water to cool the coil it will kick off much quicker so you can isolate it.....

8. Rainman7

Rainman7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Pro-C has only a 2 year warranty. Our distrubutor adds a 1 year shelf life to that.