Pro Day?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by b727guru, Jan 11, 2005.

1. b727guru

b727guru LawnSite Member

This is my first year in the business. The place where I purchased my ExMark has a Pro Day every February. Supposedly the lowest prices of the year on this day.

Question...
    Is it that good of a deal to pass up?
    What do you all recommend purchasing on such a day?
    Lots of blades, oil filters, spools of strings for trimmer?

Please help.

Guru.

2. cutnedge

cutnedge LawnSite Member

A Hustler, of course! :D
    Seriously though, I would look at a mulching kit if you do not have one already. Blades, filters, belts-----anything that goes along with routine maintenance---- you just can't have enough of 'em.

3. b727guru

b727guru LawnSite Member

Thanks cutnedge. I figured maybe the everyday stuff for maintenance is more important.

4. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

He's right about the Hustler Guru, Lots of times you can get good deals on trimmer line ect.Good luck with the business.

5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Buy what your budget at the time will afford just because it is on sale does not mean you have to buy it then if you don't need it right then.If you are just starting out wait until the checks start coming in to get some of the extra's.

6. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

My dealership has this to, although big stuff like mowers, trimmers, blowers arent marked down much the little stuff is. This is when I stock up on trimmer line, oil, some handheld stuff like pruners and saws.

7. Redline

Redline LawnSite Member

If your talking about Howards. It is a Good pro day like no other around North Atlanta. There are pretty good prices.

8. b727guru

b727guru LawnSite Member

Yes, Howard's it is. I hear it's a big event. I'll stock on the items that take a lot of wear and tear mainly.

Probably purchase a mulch kit while I'm a it.

9. Luscious Lawns

Luscious Lawns LawnSite Member

I go to the Pro Day every year. They have factory reps there and sometimes they'll offer a special incentive to sell more on that day. You still have to dicker with them but they'll make the best deal of the year. I've been tradeing with them for about 10 years. You can also get 4 hours credit tward your CAT 24 if you attend the seminars. Besides you get to play with the good toys and the food is free.

Allen

10. khutch

khutch LawnSite Senior Member

Pro Day is an excellent investment in time. Good prices, maybe the best of the year for that dealer (Howard Bros.)
    Lots of stuff to do.....