pro landscape email problem

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by pondchick, Jul 29, 2007.

1. pondchick

pondchick LawnSite Member

when i do a design on pro landscape, and try to email the project, the file is too large or they dont have the software to open it. is there a way to change the type of file to jpeg or something similar and then send that type of file?
    thanks in advance,
    laura

2. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

I have version 11 so it may be a bit different in your possibly newer version.

I find it very difficult to export files from any of the elements (image editor, planner, proposal).

There is supposed to be a way to export the image editor file to PDF but I cant seem to get that to work properly. However you can export a JPEG file that isnt too big.

From the image editor window select FILE on the top, then select EXPORT you can then select where you would like to save your exported file and the file format you wish to export the file as. I save it as JPEG.

You can then edit the JPEG as you wish or email it directly like that to your clients.

You can do the same thing in planner but go to FILE, SAVE AS, then select your file type.

In proposal there is no easy way to do it that I know of.

3. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you working with images or plans and what version of Pro Landscape are you using? Unless the recipient has Pro Landscape, they will not be able to view or alter the files if sent in pro Landscapes .LNK file. They can be easily converted to easily readable files in the system. Images are easily exported as .JPG and plans can be sent in .DWG which is a CAD file and a free reader is available on the web. The later versions also have a writer that will convert the files to a scaled version of a .PDF. In planner, if you just use the Save As feature, you will lose clarity, resolution and scale.

Kirk