Pro Landscape Fall Training

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Dreams To Designs, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

I just received an email from Pro Landscape and Figured I would share the information. For any current users, the training will enable you to use more of the program and make things easier. for anyone considering design software, training is as important as purchasing the program.

Drafix Software is proud to announce the release of our 2007 fall classroom training schedule. The classroom training will allow you to:

* Learn how to create more effective Image Editor projects.
    * Learn how easy it really is to create CAD plans in Planner.
    * Learn to create professional-looking proposals in just minutes.
    * Get answers to your specific questions.
    * Plus, much, much more!

You have six opportunities to catch us in a city near you this fall. You can find the class dates, times, exact locations, and registration information on our website at

October 12-13, 2007 - Chicago, IL

October 19-20, 2007 - Baltimore, MD

November 2-3, 2007 - Tampa, FL

November 16-17, 2007 - Long Beach, CA

November 29-30, 2007 - Las Vegas, NV

December 14-15, 2007 - Denver, CO

These classes tend to fill up rather quickly, so please complete your registration as soon as possible.

We will be conducting more classes during the first half of 2008. If you have interest in a 2008 class please fill out the Pre-Registration Form and indicate your location of interest.

If you have any other questions about the training or the registration process, please call us at 816.842.4955, or email us at

2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I've recevied that email. Closest one is in MD but I just have too much work scheduled to take a few days off. :cry: :cry: :cry:

On a side note, the program is great. User friendly and my customers love it. It is an unbelievable sales tool. And I haven't used the CAD or 3D parts yet.

My only complaint would be trying to incorporate the hardscapes into the landscape design. I remember you telling me about horticopia (sp?) to extend my plant database is their anything to extend the hardscape database...i.e. EP Henry products or particular boulders that are sold in my area? Just curious.:waving:
  3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

You would think they would have one here in KC since they are based here (I think).
  4. Dreams To Designs

You can add photos that you take or can get from manufacturers to the database. We are working with paver colors and patterns now to incorporate them into the system. I'll let you know how it goes. I would think adding boulders would be relatively easy, but have not tried that yet.

Pro Landscape is in Kansas City, but they hold classes in markets where they get the most requests for training. If you go to the site and register, not sign up for a class, they will see your location and possibly schedule a class in your area in the spring. Last year they had a class here in Southern New Jersey that had attendees from as far away as Ontario and Virginia.

5. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I might take that class. I just got my program a week ago and haven't had much time to play with it but some things are not right. Not sure if it's my new computer or the program's graphics.
  6. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think after what you pay for the program there class is over priced.
  7. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I dunno, that thing paid for itself within the first job. So how much did you pay for the program and the class?
  8. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

i'm with ya. they need to have one on their home turf.
  9. Dreams To Designs

Get in touch with them, they are very responsive. Sometimes classes away from home are beneficial, because it allows you to concentrate on the training more intensely.

As this 2 day seminar is not cheap, it is definitely worthwhile for intense users. Those who don't use a great deal of the program will benefit, but not anywhere near as much as heavy users. The cost of the training should be considered when purchasing the program, as the software is more complicated than can be mastered without assistance. There is also a substantial time commitment required to master and use any design software, so that should also come into play when buying or using any software of this type.

10. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I didnt take the class, i just bought vol. 12 in jan. 06. I think the class is overpriced.