Pro Landscape Questions...

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Subseven, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Subseven

Subseven LawnSite Member

Hi there. Been reading this site for a long time. Great site.

I have some questions about Pro-Landscape Software. Being that we specialize in hardscapes, I figured this was the right place to ask.

We are basically aiming at photo-realistic pictures to show our costumers. For just under $1400, Pro-Landscape seems to be the top dog in Landscape software. Here are my questions:

1. I am pretty decent with graphics programs and such...will I be able to grasp Pro-Landscape imaging quickly?

2. Do I have to learn CAD in order to use Pro Landscape? Or is that just for the blueprinting/planning/estimates part of it?

3. Are all the blocks from the different companies and their individual colors already implemented into the program?

4. Upon estimate at job site, approximately how much time is needed to produce a new walkway and planter in front of house onto a photo-realistic image on laptop?

5. In the demo videos, it shows the estimator using what looks to be some type of graphics tablet thingy...is that included with Pro Landscape? If not, what is it and how much? Is there any other hardware we'll need?

6. Assuming I can hop right in to the digital imaging part of it right away, how is the learning curve in relation to using the planning/estimating part of the program? Are the tutorials and manual very good?

7. Was your investment into this software worth it to you and did it increase your sales and efficiency?

Finally, thanks for taking the time to read this. Hope to hear from yas soon.

Jamey

2. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

i have 12 and like it. No you dont have to use cad. It has helped me sell some jobs. Also it makes you look more prof.
    Mike

3. VO Landscape Design

VO Landscape Design LawnSite Senior Member

4. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

Hey VO they have a special price for students i think its like 500 or 600

5. VO Landscape Design

Saw that will have to check it out. That is more in my "student" price range.
    VO

6. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

I hear you on that. I requested their free demo yesterday.

7. VO Landscape Design

Called Drafix today and talked to David and yes students have a version for $500 plus $10 for S&H. Fax or email your transcript/schedule to them and they will get the ball rolling. Same version. You can transfer it over to a commercial account in the future by paying the difference in price.
    VO

8. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

What is the difference in the student version and the commercial ? Not the price, but the program itself.

9. VO Landscape Design

Same program as the commercial but you are expected to change it to the commercial after you are out of school. The way I see it they are letting you use it for $500 in school then if you go into business they want you to change it to Commercial. Their sales # is (800) 231-8574 David is the one to talk too.
    VO

10. Subseven

Subseven LawnSite Member

I think we're just going to buy the full deal. We'll have the full support to go with it too.