1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

pro landscape software

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by TerraVenture, Jan 28, 2004.

1. TerraVenture

TerraVenture LawnSite Member

I am thinking of purchasing Pro Lanscape design software and I would to get the opinions of others using the software. I have used many high end CAD packages for mechanical design so I have high expectations. I have tried Punch Master Landscape and I wasn't too impressed. I want more drafting abilities than a $50 program can offer. Any opinions and observations would be greatly appreciated.
  2. ParkerLawn

ParkerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

I use Pro Landscape and it really shines. I absolutely love it and don't regret anything about it. It blows others away with what it offers. It is nice to have everyhting in one program. I can design with it, use the CAD part and set my plans for the guys and print it out for the customer. It doesn't get any easier or more professional than Pro Landscape. Example, I gave a builder an estimate on 3 houses and did the plans for him and when I showed him the digital pictures of the houses, he had no idea it was even his houses. I had to tell him i digitally placed the plants there and he was amazed. Needless to say i now do all of his work and everyone I approach with estimates and designs are very impressed. Sure makes my selling point alot easier. Well worth it.
  3. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

Does this software "grow" the plants so you can see what it will look like in 5-10 yrs?
  4. ParkerLawn

from KY

Yes it can show growth as well as shadows.
  5. Mowmoney00

Mowmoney00 LawnSite Member

ParkerLawn....Do you think it increased your percentage of closing sales? And have you been able to upsale customers on different aspects (like water features, rock wall, patios, arbors, ect.)?

We're looking at that program right now and we've heard great things so far.
  6. ParkerLawn

from KY

It has definitely increased are sales and I would guess we get around 85% of proposed estimates. I give this figure on a customer who is really ready to have work done, not someone wanting an idea. I have had so many people compliment on the software. Most people don't have the ability to picture what we are proposing and pencil drawings just don't work. It is well worth the money. As far as walls and arbors, I can't really say it has had a big impact just for the fact that people wanting walls and such already know what to expect. Most people want a wall for a reason, like drainage or seperation and it really doesn't need selling. It is a very professional program and shows in your estimates. I can't say enough good about it, I am that happy with it. I always read that it cost $1200 but 1 job can pay for it, I just don't look at the cost as much as what it has to offer.
  7. Mowmoney00

Mowmoney00 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info Parkerlawn. We ordered our program today !!! WOOOO HOOOOO
  8. elwin

elwin LawnSite Member

I posted this at another place, but I would like some help if you can. I just purchased Pro Landscape ver. 10. I know I have a learning curve, but I see some real potential for this program. One thing I am having trouble with is on my original photo of a customer’s property, there are very mature shrubs, that block off the front of the house, siding, windows, corners, porch, and subbase of the house. In the tutorials it demonstrate how to remove (actually cover it up) a small electrical outlet in the wall. But with this house I cannot use the clone brush for I cannot get a clear section to clone. Is there some other way to get rid of the old shrubs, etc. in front of the house? I cannot not just put new plants in there for they will never grow to the size of the old ones. Plus I want to show a raised patio and wall but the old porch is camouflaged.
    I looked at other software and they all demonstrated small thing to remove, for example an outdoor grill. No problem there was a large wall to clone from. Any ideas?
  9. Green Gopher

Green Gopher LawnSite Member

I just bought Pro landscape a week ago and have used it on two bids, But I am having trouble changing the grade of hills and landscapes in the image editor. Any advise?
  10. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

The things a pain in the ARRS if you ask me. I can't figure out how to get it to do any thing I want. Learning curve????????? Do you already need to be an engineer to figure this thing out or what? I have been trying for a week now to just add a tree to a front yard and it's driving me insane. HELP???? The book might as well be written in greek.