Pro Landscape Student Version?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by jervin38, Feb 28, 2007.

1. jervin38

jervin38 LawnSite Member

2. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

didn't know they had a student version. going to check it out now.

3. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

To my knowledge its the same. We have it at my college and its very useful. Its the version 8. They are looking into getting 13 shortly.

4. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Jim, I believe that software is for educational institutions and the pricing is per student to the schools or computers. You'd be best served to contact David Sloan from Pro Landscape and inquire as to any student discounts. If you would like to see version 12, I am local to you and would be happy to share any information I am able.

I believe it is the most full featured, easiest to learn and reasonably priced of all the available "design" software. They are constantly improving the product and offer free support and traveling training seminars. The key to any software is the presentation and gaining the confidence of the client to sell the job. The ultimate test is in the installation and sustainability of the landscape you design, not just the pretty drawings and pictures.

Kirk

5. jervin38

jervin38 LawnSite Member

thanks for the replys. I talked to a representive from Pro Landscape and they told me I just need to fax them a copy of class schedule and a pay of $500.
    The only limitation is that you can only install the student version onto one computer.

6. Dreams To Designs

Jim, sounds like a plan. Where are you going to school?

Kirk

7. jervin38

jervin38 LawnSite Member

I'm stuck in good old Camden County College

8. Dreams To Designs

CCC, excellent CAD program, but seriously lacking in design or horticulture. Could be worse, you could be working instead of learning.

Kirk

9. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

Jim,
    Would you know if you must be registered in a landscape curriculum or is any course curriculum allowed? Example, I am in night school for my teaching certificate. Thanks.
    Mark

10. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Jim,

All software sold as "educational" copies are exactly the same as the original versions of the software, only cheaper.

Every software I purchase is an "educational" copy. From Quickbooks Pro to MS Office Suite to everything else we use. And they are always just like the original.