Pro-Lawn Outdoor Services Thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by slamjamrockinman, Oct 19, 2009.

1. slamjamrockinman

slamjamrockinman LawnSite Senior Member

Hi guys,
    Well here is my picture thread that I have been meaning to start for a while now. Figured I'd start my own thread instead of clogging up other people's threads(sry Austin) Just a little info on me. My name is Peter, I'm 16 years old and have my own business. My business name is Pro-Lawn Outdoor services. I service about 20 accts and do other work as well such as landscaping, tree/brush work, spring and fall clean-ups, snow removal, just the usual green industry biz. Here is some pics to start off, I will get better ones tommorrow including my equipment and full set-up.

The first two are of my new truck I just bought 2 weeks ago, its and 2002 Chevy 2500hd. It's got the 6.0 vortec and the base package for the interior. Came with a blizzard 810 power plow. It has 145k on it and a brand new tranny and t-case, Paid 7k for it, I think I got a decent deal. So far I love it, just have to fix a few minor problems.

Last pic is my buddy. His name is Ike, he is a pure bred Golden Retriever.

Questions, comments, suggestions are appreciated. Thanks for reading my thread, tell me what you think.

2. 2brothersyardcare

2brothersyardcare LawnSite Silver Member

cool truck bet the Godel got energy
  3. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Truck looks good. Looking forward to seeing more pictures.
  4. slamjamrockinman

Thanks guys, I will be posting more pics, camera batteries are dead as of right now. Yup, the dog is a handfull, still has a lot of puppy in him, but he's a great dog.
  5. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

6. slamjamrockinman

I think he meant golden as in golden retriever. Anyways just a quick update, bought a leaf loader tonight. It's an 8hp billy goat. Runs great, just needs a little bit of elbow grease
    (New Hose, oil change, air filter, recoil work) $100 on CL, seemed like a good deal to me. I figured by the time I get it fixed up I'll have b/w 150 and 200 into it, which is still pretty good money wise. I'll post pics when I get it mounted and get the leaf box on this weekend. Sorry for no pics recently, the camera needs new batteries.
  7. slamjamrockinman

I was taking some pics today as a visual aid for my speech I am giving tommorrow about operationg a lawn biz. Let me know if anyone cares to read it, I could post a link or something. Anyways here is just some rig pics and truck pics. I have been busy doing clean-ups and getting ready for snow. I will get some work pics next weekend. You can kind of see in the pics my new back-up lights for plowing. I finally had a minute to put them on, they work great so far. Any questions, coments concerns, constructive criticism, feel free to post. Thanks for looking.

8. slamjamrockinman

O if forgot to mention, all this stuff is FILTHY! Are water outside is shut off, so I haven't been able to wash anything.
  9. teamgreendude

teamgreendude LawnSite Senior Member

nice stuff !!!!,
    my parents won't even consider the 2500hd, they think it's to big for me but i may of found a 2003 f-150 with a blizzard 810 on the front that i may be buying !. Are you going to get another toro mower, I may also be getting the new grandstand which is a nice mower but we shall see.
  10. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Looking good there! Post that speech, I'd like to read it. I'm doing a presentation at my old high school next week on operating a business at a young age, which should be a blast