1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pro Lockers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by OnMyOwn, Jan 21, 2006.

1. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

I am thinking about ProLockers vs. straps and tie down anchors. The cost is substantially more, but is it worth it in the long run?
  2. P & L Turf

P & L Turf LawnSite Senior Member

Personally, I've never used them myself,but the people that I've seen with them, swear by them. I'm thinking about switching to those this year and maybe get a set for the quads to.:cool:
  3. ProLockers

ProLockers LawnSite Member

great question, they will definetly save$$ time is money, fast and secure ,
    but in reality liability unsecure is pure riske and equipment damage stinks.
    Please call 772-2229-1690

4. indy2tall

indy2tall LawnSite Senior Member

The cost is higher for sure but once you actually hold one in your hands you will understand why it is one of the best things you can buy for your business. First, they are built to last FOREVER!!! There is no skimping to save money anywhere on this product. Secondly, it will save you a lot of TIME since it only takes about 10 seconds to reach down and unlock your mower and another 10 seconds to lock it up when your done. Third, you avoid Murphy's Law of LCO's, that being the one time that you skip strapping your mower so you can get to the next home quicker the cops stop you and give you a ticket for unsecured equipment or worse you have an accident and your mower goes flying off your trailer.
  5. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought one to secure my Super Z. I can honestly say that you would be a fool to use any other method. It's quick and easy and it does what it's supossed to do. If you need to haul mulch or stone in your trailer you can pull just one pin and remove the unit in seconds. I think they're a great investment.
  6. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

8. Bulldog26

Bulldog26 LawnSite Member

You have to be kidding!!!!! Great buy!!
  9. JBird

JBird LawnSite Member

I sure hope you get it, (your seller has a score of ZERO if you check his history on feedback and selling). But listen, even if you get stiffed on your big investment, you really should buy a set. I have them on all my units, ab-so-lute-ly great. A couple things to consider is make sure you get the right model for the size tire you have. ex. the unit that I use for my exmark xs will not really keep the 737 tire in securely. I mean it'll fit and hold but if something happened I wouldn't have faith it would hold, because the tire size is so much smaller on the deer. with older walk behinds you really have to ask the dealer. It won't work on my Gravely hydro pro, (front wheel to close to the deck to allow the rear of the locker to rise up and lock into place and the rear tires are to close to the hydro's). If you take the time to match your equipment to your prolocker, I think it's some of the best money I've spent. I've even bought them as a gift for my brother. Good luck. It beats the heck out of straps anyday!
  10. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I got a set last year. One for the 36" walkbehind and one for the 60" lazer.

It took maybe an hour to install them. You have to drill 2 sets of 4 holes. Problem is they have to be STRAIGHT & not run into metal framing on the BOTTOM of the trailer. Took some lining up as my 1st, 2nd & 3rd choices weren't available.

Once installed it takes 2 seconds to latch & unlatch. Don't have to worry about them moving during a sharp/fast turn, losing them in an accident, or most likely getting a ticket from the cops for not be restrained. They are much more convenient and secure than strapping them like I used to do.

Even at FULL PRICE it is worth the investment IMHO.