1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pro-One sulkies

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnkid, May 26, 2003.

1. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought another used Scag 52" hydro that had a Pro-One sulky on it but the previous owner took it off to put it on another mower. My question is, has anyone else had any experiences with them? My Scag dealer use to carry Velke but he said no one liked them anymore because these Pro-One sulkies didn't leave ruts whiele cutting wet lawns like the Velkes did. I am going to be buying one within the next month or so depending on when I get some time but I just wanted to see if anyone had them and how they liked them. Plus they are only $249.99 compared to the Velkes which run at $329.99.
  2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

3. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

get a bullrider its awsome.i got one a month ago for my exmark TTHP52 and love it.no third line anymore like with a velkie.ill be buying a new bullrider next week for my new mower thats coming in
  4. lawnkid

Is the Bull-rider really worth it? Pro-One offers something like a Bull-rider but it's $349.99. Is it really worth it? Does it save more time than the regular dual wheel sulkies? The guy at the dealer said he doesn't think it's really worth it because you're just paying for whells that spin in circles. Anyone else support the swivel-wheel sulkies?
  5. mike9497

it has a castor mode and a trailering mode.i think its worth it.its the best money i spent and my lawns look great

6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

BMG can I ask why you didnt' use the 60" Lazer on that lawn? Just curious... Also lawnkid talk to Darryl Gesner, he has a BullRider sulky on a 48" eXmark TTHP and apparently likes it. Congrats on the "new" mower. Which engine does it have and how old is it (which deck design?) You keeping the older one?
  7. mike9497

im not a big fan of ztrs.i only use them on real big lawns.that lawn is small the pic just makes it look bigger.i used my tthp 52 on that lawn with a bullrider and finished in 25 mins.because i only have two workers this year we only use 2 mowers most of the time.are lazer 60 and z hp 52 and ranger 60 we use 1 or 2 days a week.the rest of the time its the tthp52 metro 48 and 32.
    i have more small lawns than big ones this year so the w/b works better
  8. lawnkid

Thanks for the advice guys,

It's a 1999 Scag 52" SWZ w/17hp Kawasaki and a Grass Gobbler catcher, old design deck. Also, no I am putting the old Scag up fo sale. I'm gonna see if I can get $1700 for it. We'll see. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow on my day off.