1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pro-Slide info

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JosephLawnCare, Feb 26, 2007.

1. JosephLawnCare

JosephLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I've been seaching for info on the "Pro-Slide" velke for walk behinds and can't find any. I've read other threads on here, but none have contact info. Do they have a website with a dealer seach? Any info would be great. Thanks, Scott.
  2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

3. JosephLawnCare

JosephLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for that info......My god is that thing expensive.
  4. fazzy815-66

fazzy815-66 LawnSite Senior Member

get the cheaper one on the same website its only $159.00 I have the xt and it has to many moving parts that have broken....I would rather replace the whole unit after a couple of years.
  5. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

The XT is much better of the two. I've had 3 Proslides and 1 XT. However, on the XT, the 'stay-put' bracket needs to be removed to allow turning with only one foot on it. Also, my XT seemed to take a month or so to 'wear-in'. Springs may have been a bit heavy. I had one of the first XTs though, they may have changed this.
  6. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

turning with one foot?? this is my biggest question on these things that I can't find the answer to anywhere. how do you turn? do you have to step off every time? I really need to know if I should buy this or the bull ryder
  7. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Where is there a $159 unit on that website?
  8. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

One really has to get the feel for it. You can often turn without stepping off the Proslide at all. If the ground is wet, you may wish to step totally off, or you can learn to use one foot on, one foot off on turns....... it takes the weight off the slide, yet keeps it in position, so it doesn't have to be folded back down again when you get out of the turn.

They are fun as hell to use.

Got to their website, ask them for a video of the Proslide......... they sent me one years ago, once you see it you'll buy one.
  9. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I to am thinking about getting a proslide XT but why do you have to take one foot off can't you just stand on it like the video on the web site? Also you said something about breaking it in and what not what exactly has to be broken in? Was the spring to stiff at first? Did you have any problems with the skid plate please any and all info would help I don't feel like or have the money to waste on one when I could have just gotten a 2 wheel sulky to do the same thing i'f not better.
  10. PowerEquipmentWarehouse

PowerEquipmentWarehouse LawnSite Member

Hi JosephLawnCare,

We have a proslide avalilable, just click on the link below, then commercial mower attachments and accessories, then proslide under the manufacturer drop down box and a picture of the proslide will come up.
    Thanks Jay