Pro Slide/Velke/Sulky Which One?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by T. Wheeler, Apr 29, 2006.

1. T. Wheeler

T. Wheeler LawnSite Member

Made up my mind, talked my self out of the Bull Rider and Pro Slide. Going for the Velke X2. Going to look on ebay now.

Thanks mcw for the pics and everyone else who helped out
  2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Those X2's definitly give you a little bit more room for your feet than does the pro 1. You'll be satisfied! Best of Luck!
  3. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

:confused: $275-$300 for the X2???

I think mine was $220 less than a year ago.
    Maybe I got a deal... I bought it with the mower?
  4. GilBob

GilBob LawnSite Member

Hey guys (gals too), this is my first time posting, just registered this morning. Anyway, I purchased a 48" bobcat ransomes, its old, and belt driven with a 11 hp honda engine. Would it support pulling a sulky with me on it? I weigh about 196lb. :hammerhead: :confused:

5. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Probably, but you may need to slow down in thick grass as 11HP is underpowered by todays mower standards. Also, if you have single belts on the drive wheels, keep clear of really wet conditions or they'll just slip with you on there. Should have no problem with a Velke Pro 1- I LOVE mine!
  6. MJR_63

MJR_63 LawnSite Member

Go with the Mower Brand dual swivel wheel sulky. I never need to step off and stay perfectly centered on sulky while I'm mowing. I can an mow around trees, shrubs, islands easily. This sulky is similar in design to the Bull Rider but less expensive. The until is built super solid. This unit runs around $250. Worth every penny. See pics below...

7. GilBob

GilBob LawnSite Member

thanks guys.
  8. jwl5510

jwl5510 LawnSite Member

Jungle wheels here and the whole crew loves them:usflag:
  9. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

If you have a Toro or feel like modifying the best Velke out there. Get the Toro Tru-Trac. You wont be dissatisfied.
  10. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

i havea proslide and love it. unlike wheeled sulkys that bounce on rough or yards with ruts, the proslide will glide right over, you can turn on a dime retracts up out of the way(wheels dont hit ya) even with the mower still moving, doesnt leave ruts, leaves a great stripe. etc..
    I think you will like it alot better than a wheeled sulky.