Pro-Slide XT on 36'' Belt Driven WB?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jiacovino, Jun 14, 2009.

1. jiacovino

jiacovino LawnSite Member

I was reading on the Pro-Slide site that it's not recommended for "some belt-driven walk-behinds."

Does anyone know if this would include a 36'' BobCat with a 15hp engine? I was pretty set on ordering a Pro-Slide, but if it's going to put a strain on my mower, I might get a two wheel Velke.

If anyone's used one on a similar mower, let me know.

2. jiacovino

anyone have two cents?

3. IntegrityGuy

IntegrityGuy LawnSite Senior Member

DONT DO it.

my 48'' turf tracer has a hard time pulling it without the front end flipping up.

4. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

I ran mine on on a 48" gravely belt without issue. Had a 15hp Kawi. Also depends on what you weigh, I'm 180.

5. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

it probably isnt good for the mower but it could be done. you could also put weights in the front to keep it down

6. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

DO NOT DO IT! forget about the deck flipping up the transmission wont be able to handle it and those belts will slip a lot more....

I had one on a 36" TTHP with no problems but that machine had a weight kit & was HYDRO.

7. W.L.M.

W.L.M. LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with nnj the machine doing a wheely wouldn't be the problem the strain on the trans and belts would be far too much. If the machine will even pull it at all I assure the belts would be smoked in no time.

8. jiacovino

Thanks for the advice, I'll probably go with a Velke X2

9. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldn't even want to put a sulky on a belt driven mower but that's just me.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

Agreed....