Pro-Slide

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Apr 14, 2000.

1. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Can anyone tell me what this is and if they have a website. Thanks for your input.<br>Mowman

2. ashlandscaping

ashlandscaping Banned

Pro slide is just like a velke but with out wheels. Its has a thick rubber pad on the bottom ansd it just slides across the turf. Web site I dont know about. I have seen a couple guys buy them with the great dane scampers. But never used one before.

3. Orkin Yards

Orkin Yards LawnSite Senior Member

I am a proud owner of a proslide, and i would sale you one right now if i had an extra, because they are SO much nicer than velkes IF you do not have reasons to go over lots of concrette...i have concreet but i just walk accros it, b/c when u step of the slide it folds up out of your way...then just hop back on and u're stripping better, taking bumps better, and staying behind the mower better, than a wheeled velkee that is...email me for any more details...<br>jeffrey@tedorkin.com

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I have a Pro-Slide and wouldn't ever use anything else. The company is NOVAE Corp. from Ft. Wayne Indiana and the phone is (1-219)639-3270.

5. ZYAL8R

ZYAL8R LawnSite Member
    from ny

i got one too, its made from the best stuff on earth, plastic. its always right there if you need it. and the plastic wear plate lasted three years for me. i think they cost about $300, i cant remeber exactly. what did you guys pay?

6. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

I was just wondering two things about the pro slide 1 deos it pull more power from engine then say a single wheel velkie?2are they hard on your back sliding along the ground?

7. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

1-about the same<br>and<br>2-no

8. Mike Bermes

Mike Bermes LawnSite Member

The Proslide is the only sulky unit on the market that is self retracting. It really does work and is fantastic to use. It does not put excessive drag on the machine and is a much smoother ride than the wheeled units. It spreads the users weight out over a couple square feet so you just glide over the bumps and holes. A wheeled unit will bump and shake with every hole or rut you hit. The number for Novae Corp is 219-627-8959. their web address is www.novaecorp.com<br>They also have a fantastic modular tool storage system. You build it the way you want. trimmers, blowers, and water cooler racks. They are coming out with some new attachments later this year. It's worth looking at their site.

9. bondlawn

bondlawn LawnSite Member

Webb site is http://www.novaecorp.com/content/products.htm

10. FastEddie

FastEddie LawnSite Member

I can't believe what I'm reading!!! I used to have a pro-slide and it fell apart on me!! Not only that but the strain on my mower cuased all sorts of drive system problems on my belt drives as well as my hydros. It's obvious that Mike works for Novae. See his profile?
    Ya gotta have at lease one wheel!