pro slide?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by willietd2, Dec 27, 2006.

1. willietd2

willietd2 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

I was reading a thread on sulkys you guys wrote.One guy was talking about pro slides.Idone some research on there web site and liked what i seen. My question was will it pull me behind my exmark 52" hydro? I am 295 lbs.Somebody let it go and tell me. thanks, Willie

2. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

At 295 I'd get a sulky w/ wheels the bigger the wheels the better.

3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Does anyone use this with a belt drive??.....

4. elmo1537

elmo1537 LawnSite Member

I weigh about the same as you and when I am running my 61 the deck likes to float a little bit.

5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

295lb I would have to agree get a sulky it will get you around better unless the mower your using has 17hp or higher and is hydro.

6. joshlawn

joshlawn LawnSite Member

If you don't have to mow hilly areas like I do, the Pro Slide will work fine. Just know that you won't be able to ride it over anything else other than vegetation, unlike a sulky or velke which can be ridden anywhere. Also, the Pro Slide does make the deck rise a little every now-and-then in certain conditions, though it does stripe a whole lot better.

P.S. I have a Pro Slide rendition which I paid $200 for on Ebay, if you wanted to try it out I'll sell it for $100 plus shipping.

7. willietd2

willietd2 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

that just the problem. im in southeastern ohio and there is not a flat spot in my county. i thank you for the offer, but i might try out a set of jungle wheels or mabe do some research on the hustler sulky. thanks guys,willie

8. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

The Hustler sulky or a set of jungle wheels will work fine for you. You might want to think about putting some weights on the front of your wb to keep the deck on the ground.